Friday, September 5, 2014

Five for Friday...it's been awhile!


It's been awhile, but I'm finally linking up again with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday! Here's a peek into my week!


Today is my first post on the Teacher Deals and Dollar Steals blog! Head over to see what product is being featured and will be on sale for only $1 for the next 3 days!!

It was our 3rd week of school and we finally got some good Literacy Stations going on! I'm one happy teacher seeing them already working semi-independently!! Check it out!







One of my students brought these in for snack this week. Half of my students asked what the red stick was for... I don't know about you, but I totally grew up eating these!! I couldn't believe they didn't know about the amazingness of the red spreader stick!!


Lots of alphabet activities this week! 
Every day for morning work my students have been working on these search and find pages. I have it so that every morning they are reviewing the letter we learned the day before. It's also helping them learn their color words! I just love having something with super simple prep...oh wait, no prep!
Check out this pack in my store
(So fitting that today's page used the colors orange and blue since I was wearing my Gator gear today to show my team spirit for the game tomorrow!! )


Another page we've been doing every day comes from my Print & Go! Activities for Letters & Sounds pack - handwriting, handwriting, handwriting! The letters on these pages are printed in a light gray for easy tracing and handwriting practice. I have the students trace with a marker to get a good feel for the letter formation (and using markers helps make it more fun! No complaining about writing!) I love hearing them read the sentence at the bottom of each page too! (Dd is for dog.)


Well, I'm exhausted and starting to feel the stuffy nose and scratchy throat that kept several of my students home this week. Hoping to catch up on some sleep this weekend!



No comments :

Post a Comment