Friday, June 6, 2014

Five for Friday (School's out for summer!!)

Linking up with Doodle Bugs for another Five for Friday!

Schooooool's out for summerrrrrr!! (Sing it...you know you want to!)
Here's a look at our last week of school!



The kids were in and out of the tent all day long! They brought blankets, books and flashlights so we had the lights off for most of the day and read by flashlight. I had some 3rd grade helpers in the morning who read to the kids and couldn't wait to kick their shoes off and get their turn in the tent!

So, we tried making s'mores by wrapping them in tin foil and putting them in the sun. Here's the problem with that...you need the sun to shine!! Good thing I had a back up plan! Golden Grahams cereal, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips - a s'mores trail mix!
The sun made its appearance on Tuesday so we set them outside for about 2 hours. The chocolate was nice and melted but the marshmallows weren't... The kids definitely didn't mind! (And I was too busy stuffing my face with extra s'mores to take any pictures!)


These two played this game for the entire morning! They were over in my library corner and I kept forgetting they were there! Love it!!


Where are all the kids?!
.................................
In the tent! 

I just couldn't bear to put the tent away after only one day so it stayed up during game day and movie day! For most of the day I had every kid in the tent lounging around and watching our movies. Cutest thing I've ever seen!



Well...I totally dropped the ball on pictures today but the kids had an awesome day with extra outdoor time! We had 4 footballs being tossed around and our basketball court is now covered in chalk pictures. I knew it was time to go in when I dropped my water bottle in the sand it got completely covered in muddy, yucky, wet sand (and then I accidentally drank out of it later-gross!!!)



Made it to the last day!!!!!! Love my shirt even if I can only wear it once a year!! 

I was super pumped to give my kids their end of the year gifts! I usually do something small for the kids but I was excited that the extra pocket change I have from TpT allowed me to really personalize their gifts and get a little more than usual!
Inside the sand pail (from Michaels craft store) they got a Scholastic book from the warehouse sale that I volunteered at, coloring book, markers, pencils, a straw, and bubbles. I also snuck in their summer packets in the back right before I gave it to them...surprise, here's more work for the summer!


I created journal headers (seen in the pics under each number up above) so that the kids could write about each day in their journal. Easy to copy, cut, and tape/glue into a journal. You can grab it here for FREE and use what you need from it! 
(Journal headers font from Mrs. Leeby & clip art from My Cute Graphics)




4 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great last week. Enjoy the summer!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! So is this camping thing at the end of the year a THING that has been happening for years or has this sort of event just started this year or last? I've never heard of it before but now I see everyone doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Amna I was thinking the same thing!! I saw it on a couple blogs recently and I just had to do it! My husband had to pick me up from work last Friday so it worked out perfectly for him to come set up the tent!

      Delete