Monday, May 26, 2014

Summer Reading Linkup!




I was so excited this morning when I saw the Summer Reading linky from The Hands-On Teacher in First! I am a huge bookworm! Thankfully there was no school today because I stayed up way past my bedtime last night to finish a book!

I posted this picture on Facebook just last week. I stopped by the library after school and decided it was close enough to summer that I should start stocking up on books! Yes, I read YA and no, I'm no ashamed! I used to be really into romance novels but The Hunger Games series and the Divergent series rocked my world and got me into the dystopia genre and that turned into loving almost anything young adult! (Hey, I'm still pretty young by most standards and I look about 16 years old anyways...)


The book I just finished last night was called Searching for Sky by Jillian Cantor. It was a backwards dystopia about two teens who grew up on an island on their own and then get rescued and have to learn how to live in current day California. There's twists and turns, of course... it was a really interesting, quick read!


Right now I'm a couple chapters into The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith. I've read of few of her books and they are always sweet, heartfelt, easy to read books.










(Click on these 2 book covers to take go to their Goodreads page with a synopsis and reviews.)

Next I'll read Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg. I've had it on my to-read list for a little while and it must be a popular one because there's library holds so I can't renew it. That makes my decision easier for what to read next!











Below are the other 3 I got from the library recently but this is just a start for me! Once summer is officially underway (8 1/2 more days!) I'll be able to read a book in about a day or two if it's a really good one. I'll be at the library at least once a week! I'm sure my husband would love if I'd read some of the books I actually own since I'm a book hoarder, but I just love the look of a full bookshelf!

     


A couple summers ago I got addicted to Goodreads and it was the best thing to ever happen to me! 

{Click the image to head on over and create a free account if you don't already have one!!}

I can catalog all the books I'm currently reading, want to read, and have read. You can also create your own "bookshelves" so I have one for all the books that I own because there's too many to remember! If you're on Goodreads, follow me so that I can follow you back! I'm always interested in what other people are reading.

Leave me a comment below and let me know what's on your summer reading list! Happy Reading!



10 comments :

  1. Thanks for linking up! I loved reading your post because I'd never heard of most of the books you listed. I will have to check out GoodReads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Goodreads is AMAZING!! Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog! I have been enjoying YA Lit the last few years myself. Keep putting off Divergent, but maybe I'll get to it over the summer. Will definitely follow your blog now!
    Sebrina
    Burke's Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sebrina!! I've been following you on FB for awhile and now I'm following your blog too! :)
      Definitely read the Divergent series! The movie was pretty good too, but the book is always better!

      Delete
  3. Elyse, you're awesome.

    1. I have to start and say I had NO idea I wasn't following your blog! I'm so ashamed of myself! All the different social medias start to run together and I'm going to blame my brain on not being able to focus on all of them! So, I'm following you on here now. Please forgive me for not doing so sooner!

    2. Thank you for putting your link to this post on my blog! I'm so happy to find someone else who loves YA like I do! I always feel silly when I admit that to people so I'm happy to find another YA friend! I am going to add all of your books up there to my holds at the library :)

    3. Like I said, you're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha, you're awesome too!!! I've been a Facebook stalker of yours for awhile but when I went to your summer blog post I realized I wasn't following you on there either! So we're good! :) I can definitely be your YA girl...I'm obsessed!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for leaving your link! I'm coming back to this post...I totally read YA and anything else, too!! Loved Divergent and Hunger Games also! :)
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I love finding fellow YA lovers! :)

      Delete
  5. You are a girl after my own heart! I am a voracious reader and have been a long, unabashed fan of the YA genre. I've been ill this last school year (autoimmune crud) so haven't been able to read much but am getting healthier and getting back into reading. Yay! Thanks so much for helping me update my "to read" list. :D I'll see if I can find you on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Laura, so excited you found me on Goodreads!! I'm sorry to hear about your healthy troubles but I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Happy reading!! :)

      Delete